Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cate's 2nd birthday




On Sunday we celebrated 2 years of Cate. We started the day with a baptism service at church and finished with a backyard party with family and lots of little friends.
Here are some of my thoughts about the day:
* Having the Peggs and McKays next to us in church made me relax and made it feel like home again
* It was great to have family members there too
* I loved hearing my husband singing "strongly" beside me
* I noticed that the band was almost the same as at Matthew's funeral(Tania and Andy, Tessa, Darren plus 2 others) and that made me cry
* I was glad to do something special for Cate and acknowledge her place in our family publicly/in front of our church family, as we had done previously in different ways for Anabelle and Matthew
* It felt good to declare our intentions to raise her as a follower of Jesus, which I had been feeling inadequate for recently. Thank God for the prayers of faithful friends
* We love having backyard birthday parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.